Blackberry Five Spice Sauce
This sweet-and-spicy Asian sauce is delicious with grilled pork tenderloin, chicken or duck.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 420 g (3 cups) blackberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 60 g (3 Tablespoons) date syrup, or honey, or taste
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- Place vinegar, blackberries, cinnamon, five-spice powder, peppercorns, and date syrup into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Reduce speed to 3 and remove lid plug. Slowly pour oil into the container, allowing it to emulsify. Secure lid plug and blend an additional 10 seconds.
|Serving Size||67 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|