Celery Potato Soup
This recipe uses the entire celery stalk, leaves and all, for a more intense celery flavor.
- 25 ml (1½ Tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 225 g (½ pound) celery stalk, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 40 g (¼ ) medium onion, chopped
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) vegetable stock
- 120 ml (½ cup) cashew milk, or low fat buttermilk
- 100 g (1 ) small russet potatoes, cooked and quartered
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sauté celery stalk, garlic, and onions in oil until softened.
- Place cooked ingredients, vegetable stock, cashew milk, potatoes, salt, optional, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 7 minutes 30 seconds or until heavy steam escapes the vented lid.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||326 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|