This traditional Mexican avocado dip, now an international favourite, combines tomato, onion, and fresh coriander for zesty flavour. Served with tortilla crisps, it makes a quick and easy starter for guests.
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 20 g (½ cup) fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 40 g (¼ cup) onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- You may need to stop the machine and run a spatula around the inside of the container to integrate ingredients.
- Do not over mix. Leave chunky. Serve with tortilla chips.
When doubling recipe, increase avocados to 4 and increase onion to 80 g (1/2 c).
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|