Harvest Cheddar Soup
Autumn flavours blended together for a simple meal. Try adding a fresh greens salad tossed with our Basic Vinaigrette.
- 480 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- 40 g (¼ ) onion
- 50 g (½ ) celery stalk
- 400 g (2 ) granny smith apples
- 285 g (1 ) russet potato
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 115 g (1 cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place chicken stock, wine, onion, celery, apples, potatoes, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug.
- Drop in cheese through the lid plug opening. Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
Garnish with sour cream and diced apples. This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers. Soup may vary in color depending on the types of apples and cheese that you use. Season soups to your liking a little salt and pepper can go along way or spice it up with a little jalapeno!
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|