Low Fat Alfredo Sauce
Minimum fat, maximum flavour. Perfect for a hurried weeknight, guilt-free, pasta indulgence.
- 225 g (½ pound) fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 120 ml (½ cup) skimmed milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- 335 g (1½ cup) cottage cheese
- 75 g (¾ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4½ teaspoon light butter spread
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons milk, mixed in 1 Tablespoon potato starch
- Cook fettuccine in boiling water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Place milk, garlic, flour, cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan, butter, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add the potato starch mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour over cooked fettuccine and toss until coated. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese before serving.
Add leftover grilled chicken and steamed broccoli to the sauce for a quick meal.
|Serving Size||1 serving (with fettuccine)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||51 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|