Macadamia & Cashew Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread
This fresh garlic herbed cheese can be used in many ways - spread it on crackers, use it as a dip, dollop it on salads or use it as your cheese layer in a lasagna.
- 155 g (1¼ cup) cashews, soaked 3 hours, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, soaked 2-4 hours
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 1½ Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place cashews, macadamia nuts, water, lemon juice and nutritional yeast into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to high. Blend until smooth.
- Finley chop onion, garlic and herbs, and fold into the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
|Amount Per Servings|