Quiche with Brown Rice Crust
The brown rice crust of this broccoli cheddar quiche is a delicious, whole-grain alternative to traditional crusts, and adds fantastic texture.
- 400 g (2 cups) brown rice, cooked, cooled
- 1 egg white
- 90 g (1 cup) broccoli, steamed
- 3 large eggs
- 55 g (¾ cup) soya milk
- 55 g (½ cup) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 4½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch (22.5 cm) pie pan with cooking spray.
- To make the brown rice crust, mix rice and egg white in a medium bowl by hand.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place broccoli in center of prebaked rice crust.
- To make filling, place eggs, soy milk, cheese, parsley, basil, salt and onion powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture over broccoli.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until top is brown.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|