Red Pepper Crab Soup
A restaurant-quality soup prepared in just minutes.
- 40 g (¼ cup) onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 240 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 240 ml (1 cup) double cream, with 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted
- 900 g (2 pounds) crab meat, cooked
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Sauté onions in olive oil.
- Place sautéed onion, broth, half and half with flour, red peppers, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper into Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Add salt.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug. Drop crab meat through the lid plug opening. Stop machine and serve immediately.
For a non-dairy alternative, substitute soy milk for low fat or skim milk.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|