These timeless sugar cookies are known by their sugar and cinnamon sprinkle, and are simple enough for young bakers to assist.
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml (½ cup) honey
- 175 g (1 cup) margarine
- 2 Tablespoons caster sugar
- 95 g (¾ cup) plain flour
- 240 g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place egg, honey, margarine and 2 Tablespoons sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Stir together the liquid from the Vitamix container into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Let batter sit, refrigerated, for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 Tablespoons sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Using a #40 scoop, scoop the dough and roll into a ball. Roll the ball into the bowl with the ground cinnamon and sugar until coated.
- Place on a baking tray, about 5-cm (2 inches) apart, and bake for 8 minutes.
If dough is still sticky after chilling for 1 hour, chill an extra ½ hour.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|