This homemade soya milk is a tasty dairy alternative, and can be used on cereal or in baking recipes.
- 200 g (1 cup) dried soya beans
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar
- 840 ml (3½ cup) water
- Clean dried soy beans and soak for 4-8 hours.
- Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Drain soy beans and let cool.
- Place 1½ cups cooked beans, sugar, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 1½ minutes or until smooth.
To obtain a commercial style soya milk, strain through a filtration bag. Flavour soya milk with ½ teaspoon table salt and ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract or sweeten to taste with your favourite sweetener.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|