Spinach and Vegetable Soup
An abundance of vegetables is puréed into a hot soup and finished with garbanzo beans for added texture.
- 1 medium (260g) russet potato, steamed, peeled, cubed, divided
- 240 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ onion, peeled, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 40 g (⅓ cup) carrots, halved, steamed
- 80 g (2/3 cups) courgette, chunked
- 60 g (2 cups) spinach
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the stock, water, garlic, onion, carrots, asparagus, broccoli, potatoes, spinach, squash, courgette, basil, pepper, salt, and lemon juice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 30 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
- Add garbanzo beans through the lid plug opening and blend for 5 seconds.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|