Made with stewed tomatillos, scallions, and jalapeño, this authentic, Mexican salsa verde has fabulous flavour. Use it to top chicken enchiladas, or serve it with tortilla crisps.
- 550 g (16 ) fresh peeled tomatillo, or stewed
- 20 g (4 ) scallions, roots trimmed
- ½ jalapeño, seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ lime, peeled
- 20 g (1 cup) fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- For a chunkier style salsa, pulse the ingredients on Variable 7.
For a spicier dip, use a whole jalapeno and keep the seeds in. This salsa can be used as a standalone dip, or as an accompaniment to vegetables or meats. Try charring the tomatillos on the grill or under a broiler for additional flavor.
|Serving Size||54 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|