Made with stewed tomatillos, scallions, and jalapeño, this authentic, Mexican salsa verde has fabulous flavour. Use it to top chicken enchiladas, or serve it with tortilla crisps.
- 275 g (8 ) fresh tomatillos, or stewed, peeled
- 10 g (2 ) scallions
- ¼ jalapeño, seeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ small lime, peeled
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 30 seconds.
- For a chunkier style salsa, pulse the ingredients on Variable 7.
- Serve as a dip or as an accompaniment.
For a spicier dip, use a whole jalapeno and keep the seeds in.
|Serving Size||109 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|