Tortellini with Broccoli Pesto
A twist on the traditional basil pesto, broccoli and parsley make this pesto just as green and equally tasty.
- 455 g (1 pound) broccoli, trimmed
- 5 g (1 cup) flat leaf parsley
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 25 g (¼ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 455 g (1 pound) cheese tortellini
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly; reserve the water for cooking tortellini.
- Place oil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and broccoli into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and reserve 180ml (¾ cup) of the cooking liquid. Return the tortellini to the pot. Add the broccoli pesto and 60ml (¼ cup) of the reserved cooking water and toss to combine. Add more water as needed to loosen the sauce.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||62 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|