These light, fluffy waffles come together quickly for a weekend family breakfast. Serve with your favourite fresh fruit syrup.
- 120 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 125 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt
- low fat milk, or soy milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 110 g (4 ounces) soft tofu
- Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, eggs, sugar, and tofu into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug.
- Add the flour mixture slowly through the lid plug opening and blend an additional 10 seconds until incorporated.
- Let batter sit 5-10 minutes before cooking to yield best texture and flavor.
|Serving Size||1 Waffle|
|Amount Per Servings|