Whole Grain Pancakes
Made with whole-wheat flour, oats, flax and sunflower seeds. Top with Mixed Berry Coulis for a satisfying breakfast.
- 125 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 120 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 480 ml (2 cups) low fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 50 g (¼ cup) caster sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- 30 g (⅓ cup) rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Place flours, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder in a large sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place buttermilk, eggs, oil, salt and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add oats, flax and sunflower seeds to the batter and mix well.
- Pour 60 ml (¼ cup) of batter onto a hot, prepared griddle and bake, flipping once, until done.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|