Enjoy this healthy twist on a breakfast favorite. For a less intense color, peel courgette before incorporating into batter.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) milk
- 250 g (2 cups) courgette, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 50 g (¼ cup) caster sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 60 g (½ cup) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Place milk, zucchini, egg, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and allspice into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds. Remove the lid plug. Add flour and baking powder through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug.
- Blend for 5-10 seconds or until mixed.
Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) batter onto hot, prepared griddle and bake. Hints: For a less intense green in pancakes, peel zucchini first. Variation: Use 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons of wheat berries instead of the flour. Grind berries in Dry Grains Container for 1 minute on high prior to using in recipe.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|