Crushed pineapple gives this classic sweet bread an unexpected twist.
- 120 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large egg
- 135 g (⅔ cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50 g (⅓ cup) pineapple
- 190 g (1½ cup) courgette, diced
- 90 g (½ cup) chopped nuts
- 70 g (½ cup) raisins
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F ). Spray an 21.25-cm x 11.25-cm (8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Place egg, sugar, vanilla, pineapple, and courgette into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn on machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add dry ingredients to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 5.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until mixed, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Do not over mix.
- Stop machine. Gently stir in nuts and raisins by hand.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Variation: Use 3/4 cup (150 g) of wheat berries in place of whole wheat flour. Grind berries into flour using the Vitamix Dry Grains container for 1 minute on High prior to using in recipe.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page