This light and refreshing Taiwanese jelly dessert is typically served with a tart lemon or lime syrup.
- 3 Tablespoons aiyu seeds
- 960 ml (4 cups) cold water
- 120 ml (4 fluidounces) simple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Add aiyu seeds and cold water to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to Variable 5.*
- Blend for 3 minutes. Using a mesh strainer or fltration bag, strain the liquid into a clean bowl or container. Let stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours until jelly has loosely set.
- Score/cut the jelly into pieces and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with simple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon slices and serve.
Aiyu jelly is best used the same day it is made.
*This recipe was used on an Ascent machine blending at Variable 5. The aiyu seeds should be agitated, but not pulverized. Therefore, if you are using a G series machine please decrease speed to Variable 3.
|Serving Size||120 ml (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|