Broccoli and Lemon Pate
This is a wonderfully easy vegan pate recipe which makes the most of each ingredient; it uses up the often wasted broccoli stem and leek greens and also uses both the zest and juice of the lemon. Perfect for spreading on sourdough or even stirred through pasta.
- 1 medium broccoli, stems and florets sliced
- 1 leek, cleaned, sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the broccoli and leek on a baking sheet. Zest the lemon over the vegetables, then cut the lemon in halve and squeeze the juice onto the vegetables. Add the thyme, garlic clove, salt, pepper and drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables. Cover tray tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are very soft.
- Place the vegetable mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine and increase speed to Variable 3. Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to push ingredients into the blades.
Adjust seasoning to your liking by adding more lemon, salt, pepper or your favorite hot sauce. Serve on toasted artisan bread with toasted almonds and poppy seeds.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|