Carrot Ginger Purée
Carrots balance out the ginger and spice blend in this creamy purée, perfect for pairing with turkey, duck or turducken.
- 455 g (1 pound) carrots, halved
- 30 g (¼ cup) fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 60 g (½ ) small onion, peeled, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients and spread out on a roasting pan. Roast all ingredients in oven at 400°F (200°C) for 40 minutes until tender.
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds.
Garam masala is an indian spice blend that gives this dish a little extra flavor. This is also a quick and easy recipe that you can do ahead of time and place in an oven safe dish and reheat easily.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|