Eggless Watercress Caesar
Looking for a lighter, less cholesterol heavy Caeser? This is perfect for you! Substituting tofu adds the creamy texture that we know in a traditional Caeser, and the nutritional yeast adds all the flavor of parmesan cheese. To make this vegan, just leave out the Worcestershire sauce.
- 120 ml (1 cup) water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 lemons, peeled and seeded
- 1 shallot, peeled (about 80g)
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 300 g (10½ ounce) silken tofu
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 bunches of watercress
- Place the water, garlic, lemon, shallot, mustard, tofu, nutritional yeast, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper into your Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 and press start. Slowly increase speed to Variable 10 and blend for 30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Toss desired amount of dressing onto watercress and serve.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|