Mexican Street Corn with Homemade Mayonnaise
Corn is amazing any way you prepare it, but this rendition offers a playful handheld treat. The homemade mayo is so simple and great to have on hand for a variety of dishes.
- 5 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 240 ml (1 cup) rapeseed oil
- 6 ears of corn, grilled
- 45 g (¼ cup) crumbled queso cheese
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, lime juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase speed to Variable 5. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug. Slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening. Secure lid plug.
- Slowly increase to machine’s highest speed and blend for 15 to 20 seconds, or until emulsified.
- Brush mayonnaise mixture onto warm grilled corn and sprinkle heavily with crumbled cheese.
|Amount Per Servings|