Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
Cold days call for a soup that showcases winter’s bountiful harvest. In-season vegetables such as turnips, carrots, and celery combine with our Winter Spice Seasoning for a warm, filling meal.
- 120 g (1 cup) carrots, rough cut
- 120 g (1¼ cup) turnip, rough cut (rutabaga, parsnips, or similar root vegetables can be substituted)
- 25 g (⅓ ) small onion, peeled, rough cut
- 135 g (2 ) celery stalk, rough cut
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon Winter Spice Seasoning
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ jalapeño, stemmed
- 1 lime, zested, peeled
- 720 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 225 g (2 ) Roma tomatoes
- 15 g (1 cup) kale
- 15 g (½ ) fresh coriander leaves, rinsed
- 410 g (1 can) hominy, or chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Combine carrot, turnip, onion, celery, jalapeno, garlic, Winter Spice Seasoning, and oil together in a mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread out evenly on a foil lined sheet tray and bake 30-40 minutes. Once roasted, reserve 1 cup and set aside.
- Place stock, remaining roasted vegetables, salt and pepper, ½ can of hominy into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Hot Soup program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Remove lid and add tomatoes, kale, cilantro, remaining ½ can hominy and 1 cup roasted vegetables to the container. Secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and blend for an additional 5 seconds to incorporate.
Chickpeas can be used in place of hominy, if desired.
|Serving Size||374 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|