Slow Cooker Beer Braised Beef
Perfect for a cold winter’s day, this “set-it-and-forget-it” meal is jam-packed with flavor from a perfect blend of stout and spices. As a bonus, the smell of cinnamon will fill your home as it roasts!
- 240 ml (½ cup) beef stock
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Dijon mustard
- 225 g (2 cups) carrot
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- star anise
- 2 sticks cinnamon sticks
- 5 g (1 Tablespoon) black peppercorns
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 4 leaves bay leaves
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1.5 kg (3½ pound) beef blade roast
- ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 360 ml (1½ cup) stout beer
- 400 ml (3 cups) onion
- 800 ml (3 cups) canned tomatoes with juice
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) red wine vinegar
- Place stock, mustard, carrot, garlic, star anise, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, thyme, bay leaves, and parsley into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, slowly increase speed to its highest speed, and blend for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Season the beef generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, warm the oil. Add beef and sear on all sides.
- Place beef into your slow cooker. First pour beer and then herb broth mixture over the top. Add onion, tomatoes, and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and cover with the lid.
- Place your slow cooker on high and roast for 6 hours, or until fork tender depending on the size and strength of your slow cooker.
- Once the beef has reached your desired doneness, you can serve the beef in any serving dish of your choice.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|