Thai Pumpkin Soup
This sweet and slightly spicy pumpkin soup makes a satisfying autumn meal or a delicious starter to your Christmas spread. Garnish with chopped coriander, chopped peanuts, and sour cream.
- ½ onion, peeled, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 1½ teaspoon tomato purée
- 300 g (1¼ cup) pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove
- 360 ml (1½ cup) chicken stock
- 120 ml (½ cup) cream of coconut
- 120 ml (½ cup) coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoon green chilli peppers
- 1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft. Add tomato paste, pumpkin, ginger, garlic, stock, cream of coconut and coconut milk. Combine until thoroughly heated through.
- Place mixture, chilies, and lemon juice into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2½ minutes or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve garnished with chopped coriander, chopped peanuts, and sour cream or plain yoghurt.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|