Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise that can be used as a vegetable dip or sandwich spread.
- 3 large pasteurized egg yolks
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1½ cup (350 ml) light olive oil
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- While machine is running, remove the lid plug and drop in garlic cloves through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 10 seconds, then reduce speed to variable 6.
- With the machine still running, slowly pour oil in a thin, steady stream through the lid plug opening until emulsified.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
|Serving Size||1 Tablespoon (15 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
What are pasteurized egg yolks
Pasteurized eggs are eggs that have gone through the pasteurization process. Most eggs sold in grocery stores in the United States are pasteurized. This process helps prevent the spread of Salmonella.
Date published: 2016-07-05