Almond Chicken Stir-Fry Sauce
This sweet and sour Asian stir-fry makes a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- ¼ cups (60 ml) light soy sauce
- 1½ cups (360 ml) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 9 ounces (250 g) chicken breast, uncooked, cubed
- 1 cup (90 g) broccoli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (110 g) carrots, grated
- 1 cup (115 g) celery, diced
- 1 cup (150 g) red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed, diced
- 1 cup (150 g) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 cup (100 g) green onion, diced
- 1 cup (70 g) mushrooms, sliced
- slivered almonds
- To make sauce, place soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, sherry, sugar, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until well blended. Set aside.
- Stir-fry chicken in olive oil in a large pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and almonds and cook until crisp tender.
- Pour sauce over stir-fry and cook until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition is based on complete recipe including rice, chicken, vegetables and sauce.
|Serving Size||2 cups (480 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
I see what the problem is ... I filtered High Protein and Vegan ... thinking it would be "and" not "or" ... My bad! Sorry ... disregard the previous question. Thanks! Love the recipes by the way!!
After answering the previous question we are now seeing this. We are glad to hear you are loving the recipes, have you checked out any of the videos on our page yet? They are great for learning different blending techniques in your Vitamix! https://www.vitamix.com/why-vitamix/what-you-can-make
Date published: 2016-04-27
Not sure why this recipe comes up using the Vegan filter??
I apologize if you have reached this recipe through the vegan filter on our website, if looking to make this recipe vegan you may substitute the chicken stock for vegetable stock or broth and omit the chicken breast completely. This sauce may be used over any protein of your choice, or simply as a dipping sauce.
Date published: 2017-03-26