Almond Leek Soup
Blending the subtle, sweet flavors of almonds, leeks and celery, this soup makes a delightful first course.
- 1 cup (170 g) almonds, blanched
- 6 cups (1.4 l) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (230 g) celery, diced
- 1 other (160 g) leek, white parts only, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Simmer almonds in broth until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Sauté leeks and celery until soft.
- Add sautéed vegetables to almonds and broth. Simmer until soft, about 15 minutes and let cool for 10-15 minutes or until temperature is 120˚F (65˚C).
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place soup back into a pan and heat on stove for about 10 minutes or just until it begins to simmer. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Almond Leek Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ultra468 from Tastes G-R-E-A-T!!!!!! I made this soup exactly as written. While making it, I truly had my doubts about how good it was going to be. To my surprise, of all the soups that I have tried from Vitamix, THIS ONE IS THE BEST. Delicious creamy taste...Try it, you will like it.
Date published: 2016-11-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by RoseM from Rich and Creamy I made this soup today not knowing how it would turn out. It's as creamy as if it had a dairy base with an excellent flavor from the celery and leeks.
Date published: 2016-10-24