Berry Sorbet with Mixed Spices
Nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and fresh mint complement a variety of berries in this sweet and refreshing sorbet.
- ¾ cups (180 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root
- ½ cups (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen strawberries
- 1 cup (145 g) frozen blueberries
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen blackberries
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen raspberries
- 2 cups (280 g) frozen cherries, pitted
- ½ cups (15 g) mint leaves, tightly packed
- ⅛ teaspoons ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoons ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260 g) ice cubes
- Partially thaw frozen berries for 10 to 15 minutes; set aside.
- Place water, ginger and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 8. Blend for 10 seconds until ginger is finely chopped. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add berries, mint, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and ice cubes to the container with the ginger mixture and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- In about 45 to 55 seconds the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||0.5 cups (120 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Berry Sorbet with Mixed Spices is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by PAGUY from Perfect Low Fat Dessert! I made this today and it was fabulous and easy to make. Afterwards I experimented a little more. Use more spice for a more seasonal taste otherwise go east there. You can also adjust your berry mix and major on the ones you love the most. Also, the less blackberries and blueberries you use the less darkened and more red the sorbet will be. Add a bit more sweetener if you have a sweet tooth, otherwise the taste is rich, healthy and perfect. If you want smooth sorbet with some chunks of berries, add a few more right after your four mounds and blend about 20 seconds longer. Have fun.
Date published: 2016-06-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Conner from Great Tasting I made this recipe in my Vita mix. Did not have all of the ingredients but still this ice cream tasted AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Date published: 2016-06-24
What if I want to make it ahead of time. I'm not so good with last minute preparations when I have company.
You can pre-portion these and freeze them. Pull them out 5-10 minutes before you are ready to serve them to allow them to thaw and be spoon-able.
Date published: 2017-04-07