Make a breakfast that tastes like dessert! Serve with strawberry syrup and freshly sliced strawberries.
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 graham crackers
- 8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix to combine fully. Set aside.
- Place egg, buttermilk and melted butter into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4, remove lid plug and slowly drop in cream cheese cubes through the lid plug opening, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Blend 10 seconds or until cream cheese is reduced to the size of large curd cottage cheese.
- Gently fold liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- For each pancake pour about ¼ cup (60 ml) batter on a hot, greased griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on top of batter, flip and continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown.
- Serve with Strawberry Syrup, fresh sliced strawberries, syrup or powdered sugar.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
What are the graham crackers used for in this recipe? Do you add them at the same time as the cream cheese so there are cracker bits in the pancakes?
You can crumble them with your dry ingredients in the mixing bowl, and then fold the liquid ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl for a graham cracker flavor, or you can break them up and add them at the end for smaller cookie pieces inside of your pancakes.
Date published: 2017-01-27