Dutch Apple Baby
A fluffy pancake with the warm and juicy flavors of cinnamon apple. Just a touch of vanilla and breakfast is served!
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- 3 other apples, seeded, cored, sliced
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (60 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (120 ml) soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate with cooking spray.
- Sauté sliced apples in butter with sugar and cinnamon until slightly soft.
- Transfer to prepared pie plate.
- To make batter, place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour over apples. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Dutch Apple Baby is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by an7hagan from Very easy, delectable, and a perfect brunch dish This is perfect recipe to make for brunch. Very easy and quick to make. My only recommendation is to add a little more sugar to the recipe. The family loved it. We topped ours with whipped cream.
Date published: 2015-12-27
What would be the best type of apple for this pie should the apples be cold before the sauté?
There are many types of apples you can use, pick your favorite one. I really like honey crisps. The apples do not need to be cold before you saute.
Date published: 2015-11-13