Pineapple and vanilla yogurt give this green smoothie a light, citrus flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
- 4 ounces (115 g) low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups (400 g) pineapple, peeled, cubed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cups (60 g) spinach
- 2 cups (260 g) ice cubes
- sweetener, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Emerald Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by KtyP from Refreshing I made a half recipe and it filled a normal size drinking glass. The celery has a distinct flavor and very nice addition to the flavor. It's low in calories and I will make again for a mid afternoon treat.
Date published: 2015-11-18
A diet restriction in our house is Pineapple. What would be a good substitute for the "green" type drink recipes?
A great substitute for pineapple in green drinks would be oranges, grapefruit or even grapes.
Date published: 2016-04-27
When should protein powder be added in the order of ingredients listed? Thanks!!
Protein powder should be added with the liquid so that it will combine easily.
Date published: 2017-01-31