Make Mexican night any night with this quick and easy version.
- 4 cups (960 ml) chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ⅓ cups (40 g) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cups (60 g) all-purpose flour
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers.
|Serving Size||¼ cups (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Enchilada Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by ibizascientist from Good but the recipe calls for too much flower The recipe definitely calls for too much flower. You could take it and the sauce thickens too much (and not in a good way). Next time, I will try 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 a cup of flower.
Date published: 2016-07-18
Can you use other flours than all purpose? Like almond, coconut and whole wheat?
You certainly can.
Date published: 2016-12-07
can you substitute water fore chicken or vegetable broth?
Yes you can substitute water for either of those. The flavor will diminish.
Date published: 2016-02-18