A budget-friendly blend of kale and spinach create this vibrant pesto and a delicious serving of leafy greens.
- 4 cups (270 g) kale, chopped
- ½ cups (120 ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cups (60 g) roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- ½ teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons pepitas, toasted
- ½ cups (15 g) spinach
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ⅛ teaspoons ground black pepper
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, blanch 4 cups (270g) of kale for 4 minutes.
- Shock in a bowl filled with ice and water; strain. Once water has drained away, press out as much water as possible, leaving ½ cup (35g) of blanched kale.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 7.
- Using the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 15-20 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Serve over pasta, or with bruschetta and flatbread as a dip.
|Serving Size||¼ cups (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|