With any combination of leafy greens, vegetables and beans, this beloved Italian favorite can be thrown together with whatever's in your pantry. Ours includes corn, zucchini, carrot, chickpeas and kidney beans.
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- ½ garlic clove, peeled
- 1 baby carrot
- ¼ cups (30 g) onion, peeled. diced
- ½ stalk celery, diced
- ⅛ teaspoons ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoons dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cups (60 g) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ cups (65 g) zucchini, cubed, steamed
- ½ cups (130 g) kidney beans, drained
- ¼ cups (30 g) corn
- ¼ cups (25 g) grated Romano cheese
- Place the broth, tomatoes, garlic, carrot, onion, celery, pepper, oregano, basil, salt, and tomato paste into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 1 and remove the lid plug.
- Add chickpeas, zucchini, kidney beans, corn and cheese through the lid plug opening. Replace the lid plug.
- Blend for 1-5 seconds, or until desired texture is reached.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|