Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes
Whole-grain goodness with the sweet and crunchy surprise of dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. Top off with our fresh fruit syrup for extra flavor!
- 1½ cup (360 ml) milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- ¾ cup (60 g) rolled oats, uncooked
- 1¼ cup (150 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (25 g) flax meal
- ¼ cup (25 g) dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Place milk, egg, oil and ¼ cup (20 g) rolled oats into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Combine the remaining oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flax meal in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir in the dried cranberries and sunflower seeds.
- Allow mixture to set for 10 minutes before cooking.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joyce01 from Healthy alternative to "regular" pancakes & good! I made these for breakfast today & they were a hit. My family likes pancakes, however, the empty calories are hard for me to justify for our important first meal of the day, so I rarely make them unless I can see some protein benefit (& in this case omega's). Thus, my trial today with this Vitamix recipe that incorporates flax meal, ww flour, almond milk & sunflower seeds. Yay! A healthy alternative. The fruit syrup (recipe also in the Vita book) is fantastic on them. I used 1/2 sugar (vs the 1/2-1 cup suggestion) with fresh strawberries. Yum. What a great way to get some healthy food into your family @ breakfast. The batter is thicker & the consistency of the pancake is softer (inside). Thank-you Vitamix!
Date published: 2016-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mama G from Best Pancake recipe adaptable to Gluten Free First recipe for pancakes that can be gluten free that are delicious!
Date published: 2016-02-10
How do I make these without any eggs?
You could substitute 2 tablespoons of applesauce to replace the egg. The egg helps to thicken the batter.
Date published: 2016-04-01