A wonderful use for ripe summer peaches, this sorbet is light and refreshing with just peaches, vanilla extract and sweetener to taste.
- 3 peaches, halved, pitted
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cups (150 g) granulated sugar
- 4 cups (520 g) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||0.5 cups (120 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Peach Sorbet is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sharonj from Peach sorbet Tried this recipe today with fresh peaches since it said ripe. It came out like a smoothie instead of a sorbet. My husband put it in the freezer to get the consistency. But I want to know how to make it thick without using the freezer.
Date published: 2016-07-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by John69 from Very good and very simple This recipe is very good and super simple. I initially missed the cautionary note about allowing the frozen peach slices to thaw for 25 minutes prior to blending. It worked anyway, although it came out a little chunky. I added a 1/4 c of almonds to the mix and the result is outstanding. Each bite has a little bit of nutty crunch to it. I plan to try this with other fruits. Great summer dessert!
Date published: 2016-07-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by kak6154 from Awesome!!! Every summer The Peach Truck travels north from Georgia and brings us delicious peaches. I buy a box, which is 20+ pounds...and need lots of ideas. Tonight I was down to the last of them and started making the Peach Sorbet. So easy and incredibly delicious!!!
Date published: 2016-07-13