Poppy Seed Dressing
Apple cider vinegar gives this oil-free dressing a signature sweet-and-sour flavor.
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
- ⅓ cups (80 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon onion, peeled, diced
- ¾ cups (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute, then reduce speed to Variable 3. Remove the lid plug.
- Add poppy seeds through the lid plug opening. Continue to blend for 5 more seconds.
- Pour into one-quart microwaveable bowl. Cook for 2 minutes on High. Whisk to keep mixture smooth.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes.
Refrigerate in an airtight container.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|