Sherry Shallot Vinaigrette
Chef Marc Murphy shares his signature dressing, a popular menu item that Marc also sells by the quart in his restaurants.
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cups shallots, peeled, diced
- 2 cups (480 ml) sherry vinegar
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- ¼ cups (70 g) Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoons salt
- ⅛ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Heat a small saucepan over high heat.
- Add 2 Tablespoons oil, and allow to get very hot.
- Add shallots and cook until brown.
- Add sherry vinegar and reduce by ¾, simmering at least 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow shallots to cool.
- Carefully transfer to the Vitamix container.
- Add water and mustard, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on, and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for about two minutes or until smooth.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5.
- Remove the lid plug. While the machine is running, slowly pour oil through the lid plug opening in a thin stream until all is incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|