A creamy chowder perfectly seasoned with marjoram and nutmeg.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 g) light butter spread
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 onion, peeled, halved
- 1 carrot, halved
- pinch marjoram
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 8 ounces (225 g) shrimp, uncooked
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- Place butter, celery, onion, carrot, marjoram, nutmeg, lemon juice, and chicken broth into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a 4-quart pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is no longer pink.
- Add milk and maintain temperature.
- Serve immediately.
Chef's Note: The chowder can be puréed to make into a bisque.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Shrimp Chowder is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by DebbieJ from Great Soup I have made this soup several times with Crab and with Shrimp and both are very good. It is easy to come home and prepare this and within 30 min and have dinner ready. The taste is very good and this has become one of my favorites.
Date published: 2015-10-31
Rated 1 out of 5 by Inference from Pick a different soup Made this soup last night, and perhaps a better choice would have been to serve the dish water after I cleaned up. It looked to have promise and after following the recipe completely the soup ended up being watery and bland.
Date published: 2017-01-08
Rated 4 out of 5 by Moni1218 from Great taste My picky eater son liked the flavor. I expected something more creamy for a chowder. I followed all the step (except that I used the soup program on my Vitamix) and used exactly the same ingredients and it wasn't creamy at all. I'll make it again, maybe less water or more veggies.
Date published: 2016-02-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by WilliamFo from Skip It! I followed this recipe to the T, even taking the time to give the shrimp a light marinade. The result was inedible. I had to throw the entire thing out including the 8 ounces of fresh shrimp I had just purchased hours before attempting this recipe. Gross!
Date published: 2016-09-13