With fresh tomatillos, Ancho chili, garlic, and onion, this traditional Mexican sauce can be used to add spicy flavor to a wide variety of meats, seafood, and vegetables.
- 1 pound (455 g) tomatillos, peeled, quartered
- ½ cups (80 g) onion, peeled, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dried Ancho chili
- ⅛ teaspoons ground black pepper
- Sauté tomatillos, onion, and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes. Pour in water, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place tomatillo mixture, oregano, Ancho chili, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes.
Use on a wide variety of meats, seafood, and vegetables.
|Serving Size||¼ cups (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|