Whole Wheat Banana Nut Quick Bread
With a few simple substitutions, this high-fiber alternative offers all the flavor and moistness of the original.
- 1⅔ cups (200 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅔ cups (135 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cups (55 g) butter spread
- ⅓ cups (80 ml) skim milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 bananas, peeled, halved
- ¼ cups (65 g) applesauce
- ⅔ cups (80 g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25 cm x 11.25 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place egg, sugar, butter spread, milk, lemon peel, bananas, and applesauce into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed.
- Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
Whole Wheat Banana Nut Quick Bread is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Olivia from This bread is bananas My son has FPIES so I'm always looking for good recipes that have minimal substitutions. This one is delicious in my Vitamix. I use coconut oil for butter and Sorghum flour rather than All Purpose. My toddler loves it and so do I!
Date published: 2016-01-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mellyschu from My go-to recipe! I love this recipe. It always turns out great, tastes great and healthy! It's my go to banana bread recipe and I LOVE it!
Date published: 2017-02-10
I have a 64oz low profile container also the 48oz wet blade container and the 32oz dry blade container. I was wondering which one would be best for this recipe?
Your 48 oz. container would work great for this recipe.
Date published: 2016-12-08
We don't us butter. Can I substitute oil for the butter?
Date published: 2016-08-09
Is this recipe gluren free? Can I substitute the Whole Wheat flour with coconut flour?
I have tried all purpose flour and rice flour and noticed minimal difference between the two. I love this recipe. Let the mixture wait while oven is warming. I left off the applesauce. Still a Good One!
Date published: 2016-04-07
Is this made with the wet blade? I have the 750 machine
Yes you can use the wet blade to make this.
Date published: 2016-01-27
To make this vegan friendly, could I use a non-dairy milk & maybe use ground flaxseed instead of eggs. Any ideas on the amount of flaxseed needed to replace the egg?
Sorry, we have not done any testing yet on working with a flaxseed to replace egg. There are vegan egg substitute options to purchase in the market. For most recipes you can replace milk with a non dairy milk. All non dairy milks can be made in your Vitamix.
Date published: 2016-01-13