Whole Wheat Banana Nut Quick Bread
With a few simple substitutions, this high-fiber alternative offers all the flavor and moistness of the original.
- 1⅔ cup (200 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅔ cup (135 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (55 g) butter spread
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) skim milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 bananas, peeled, halved
- ¼ cup (65 g) applesauce
- ⅔ cup (80 g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25 cm x 11.25 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place egg, sugar, butter spread, milk, lemon peel, bananas, and applesauce into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed.
- Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|