Winter Greens Soup
A smooth purée with a rustic flavor, blending kale, baby spinach, and zucchini with sautéed leek, celery, and garlic.
- 1 leek, cleaned, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups (720 ml) low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup (180 g) tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups (60 g) kale, chopped
- 9 ounces (256 g) zucchini, halved, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups (90 g) spinach, fresh
- ¼ cup (15 g) Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- tomato, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, sauté leeks, celery, and garlic in oil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, kale, zucchini, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat and let cool 30 minutes.
- Place half of the mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds. Pour into saucepan.
- Repeat with remaining soup. After blending, remove lid and add in fresh spinach, parsley and vinegar. Secure lid.
- Select Variable 6.
- Use the On/Off switch to quickly pulse 5 times. Pour into saucepan containing other blended soup. Heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with chopped tomatoes and basil.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
I have purchased the scale for my Vitamin and was wondering how I could add this recipe (which I love) to my recipe app - is that possible?
Yes, you certainly can. Once you receive the scale/app you will see a place to create your own recipe. You can choose to add this exact recipe or even make your own variation of this recipe.
Date published: 2016-11-11
Why would t I just blend the soup straight from the sauté pan? Why let it cool first? Thanks!
It is not suggested to add hot ingredients directly to the Vitamix container.
Date published: 2016-08-30