‘Tis the season to gather together for good times and good food, and Vitamix keeps the merry in food prep with an enticing array of easy-to-transport dishes from appetizers to desserts.
- Warm Crab Cakes: Created by Chef Rick Gresh, your family and friends will think you ordered these crab cakes from your favorite restaurant. Heavy cream, egg yolk, and panko (Japanese breadcrumbs) help hold the cakes together and give them a rich, satisfying flavor. Serve with a side of Mayonnaise Sauce for Seafood.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip: This warm, creamy blend of chopped spinach, artichokes, and Parmesan is a hearty dip for tortilla chips, bread cubes, or your favorite steamed veggies.
- Butternut Squash Casserole: A light, sweet dish to utilize butternut squash throughout the season, and the perfect companion to a full holiday spread.
- French Bread: Nothing goes more beautifully with a holiday table than a warm loaf of homemade bread.
- Eggnog Cheesecake: Combine two favorite holiday treats into one! Smooth, creamy cheesecakes are so easy in the Vitamix.
- Cherry Breakfast Cake: Overflowing with sweet cherries, this cake provides beautiful color and the perfect companion to your after-dinner coffee.
Tips for transport
When bringing foods straight from the oven, secure the casserole lid with duct or masking tape or rubber bands (or cover tightly with foil or plastic wrap if you don’t have a lid), then wrap in dish towels to further insulate and place in a cooler. Be sure to keep cold and hot foods in separate coolers.