Almond Milk [Vitamix ONE]
Homemade almond milk is free of preservatives and can be used for cooking, baking, pouring over cereal, or adding to coffee.
- 1½ cup (360 ml) water
- ½ cup (70 g) almonds
- 1 date, pitted
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- You may also soak almonds in cold water for 4 hours or overnight.
- Dates were used to sweeten the milk, but feel free to try honey or other sweeteners instead. To make vanilla almond milk, add vanilla extract or fresh vanilla bean.
- If you want to strain your milk, place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into the sieve, allowing it to filter through, or stir the milk in the sieve with a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly.
|Serving Size||1 serving (221 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|