Basil Walnut Pesto [Vitamix ONE]
Blended in a single minute, this creamy pesto recipe yields enough sauce to coat a pound of pasta for an easy dinner fresh from the herb garden.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (25 g) soy parmesan, or parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup (30 g) walnuts
- 1½ Tablespoon pine nuts
- ¼ lemon, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in order listed and secure the lid.
- Pulse the blender by rapidly turning the dial to its lowest speed setting and then off again. Repeat until desired texture is achieved. Use the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades, stopping as need to scrape the sides of the container.
- For a smooth texture start the blender on its lowest speed and quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 to 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
Walnuts help to make this pesto a creamy and filling sauce. Nutritional yeast is another great alternative for soy parmesan or parmesan cheese.
|Serving Size||1 serving (50 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|