Carrot Ginger Purée
Carrots balance out the ginger and spice blend in this creamy purée, perfect for pairing with turkey, duck or turducken.
- 2 pounds (908 g) carrot
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 4 cloves small garlic cloves
- 1 (240 g) medium onion
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place ingredients on a pan and roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to push ingredients into the blades.
Garam masala is an indian spice blend that gives this dish a little extra flavor. This is also a quick and easy recipe that you can do ahead of time and place in an oven safe dish and reheat easily.
|Serving Size||1 Serving (59 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|