Take your marinara sauce to the next level by charring the tomatoes for a deeper, richer flavor.
- 6 tomatoes
- ½ cup (135 g) red onion
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ¼ cup (10 g) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat char grill to high heat. Place tomatoes and onions on the grill and rotate while cooking. Cook until tomato skins are charred and starting to collapse, and onions begin to soften. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix 40 oz. container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Puree program.
- Push to Start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- This sauce can be served immediately or heat additionally in a saucepan.
|Serving Size||4 ounces (120 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|