Chia Breakfast Porridge
As the chia seeds in this recipe soak overnight, they congeal to form a hearty, healthy breakfast to wake up to.
- 1¼ cup (300 ml) almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 dates, pitted
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh seasonal fruit, for garnish
- The night before serving, place milk, chia seeds, dates, and cinnamon into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight to thicken.
- For breakfast the following morning, serve chilled topped with desired fresh seasonal fruit.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||43 g|
|Dietary Fiber||15 g|
Chia Breakfast Porridge is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Amanda from Best breakfast recipe for vegans!! This chia porridge tastes like desert! It is decadent! It is an absolute must to make this recipe! It tastes excellent and it is healthy! I used unsweetened 30 calorie almond milk and it will work just fine. The dates will do the job of sweetening the dish.
Date published: 2015-11-10
Rated 1 out of 5 by Sono from Really bad taste I completed this as described and it had a really bad taste. I even added a banana to mask the taste and it still tasted bad.
Date published: 2019-01-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by lamaca789 from Keto Alternative to Muesli or Oatmeal I am in a Keto diet (high fat, low carb). I am always looking for SIMPLE, FAST and CONVENIENT recipes. SIMPLE - no complicated ingredients (substituted organic coconut for the dates for sweetness and density). FAST - pour and blend. CONVENIENT - prep the night for a morning delight. You can get creative. I added seeds, other nuts (yes even almonds, overnight to make it soft) and cacao nibs.
Date published: 2018-09-13