Chutney Rice Salad
Mango chutney and fresh ginger marry into a flavourful dressing to drizzle over this sweet and crunchy rice salad.
- 3 cups (600 g) brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup (125 g) apple, seeded, cored, quartered
- ½ cup (55 g) celery, diced
- ¼ cup (40 g) sultanas
- 2 green onions, diced
- To make the salad, place all salad ingredients into a large serving bowl.
- Pour dressing onto salad ingredients and stir gently to coat well.
- ½ cup (155 g) mango chutney
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon fresh ginger root
- Place all the Dressing ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds until ingredients are well mixed.
|Serving Size||½ cup (120 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|